Diversity in Action: How we follow through on our core values.
Our Core Values are part of the fabric of our community – they extend to both internal and external aspects. As we’ve being going through the beta phase of your community and laying the foundation we want to grow from, we’ve dialed into what our core values look like, feel like, and how they make an impact for every one involved.
Our core value of diversity has been no different.
We’ve talked about how it’s more than just optics and shared some powerful Ladyboss quotes and insights, now it’s time to share a little more —
How we activate diversity in our community.
We try to instill a sense of diversity and inclusion at every touch point of the community –
- visuals that represent the members of our community in all their amazingness.
- asking for opinions and insights from our community and including them in the content we create and share – from instagram, to the blog, to inside the Backstage Pass itself.
- offering scholarships to help more people join the community and be a part of the conversation.
- actively listening to understand where people are coming from and what they need.
- “Passing the Mic” and creating space to amplify the stories of all our community members.
- asking critical questions that help us think about how we can stay true to our core value of diversity.
Inside the LBI Backstage pass diversity is an opportunity to intentionally include voices that aren’t typically believed or included in the conversation. This can be seen in everything from team structure, events programming and even who we highlight on our social media platforms.
We know that diversity isn’t a “one and done” value. True diversity is ever evolving, expanding and impacting those it touches. We’re on this journey for the long haul and we’re committed to enacting and maintaining our core value of diversity on a daily basis!
We hope you’ll join us on this journey and tell us about your own experiences with diversity in your business below!