Article written by Celeste Kerina
Friends often comment on how “happy” my husband and I look and how much fun we appear to be having. That observation is usually followed by the question, “what’s your secret?’’
For a few years, my reply has always been the same, “Couples that play together- Stay together.” I studied his love language. Love languages are like mini blueprints of how we receive love from others. The five love languages include- Acts of Service, Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, and Physical Touch. Over a short time and through daily interaction, I quickly understood and fueled the deficits in his love language box, while including techniques to fuel mine as well. We grew closer, through travels, entertaining at home, social gatherings, fitness training, great food, and creating new and exciting couple playdates.
Playing together happens by sharing positive affirmations and flowing in the power of positive energy, good vibrations, and gravitating on the same frequency. The energy that the couple release as individuals will vibrate back on a manifested frequency and be re-designed as an enjoyable event. “What you put out into the atmosphere- you get back. It is that simple.
Opposite personalities often attract and unite as couples. This balance of the “yin and yang” concept confirms that apparent opposing forces can fuse and interconnect; and flow separately only to join again to elevate one another to create a balanced flow.
New relationships go through many phases. After the first date, courtship, and ultimately marriage, the honeymoon phase seems to fade fast. Reality sets in, and the couple is now habitating as very familiar-yet boring strangers.
“So- what does a couple do after living together for many years, and boredom is sitting next to them on the sofa”? It’s time to resuscitate that boredom with new adventures, fun activities and provide solutions to deficits in your partner’s love language box!
What is couple playtime?
Any act that a couple participates in that brings them comfort, joy, intimacy, laughter, romance, happiness, peace of mind, and most of all, a sense of togetherness and love. It could be a board game (strip twister), dancing together, weekly date nights, a morning walk, the roller coaster at a fair, relaxing in a hot tub, a midnight swim, and much more. They are having a special relationship with no road map. Design it, and live it out to satisfy each other.
Play the gratitude and affirmation game. Start each morning by saying new supportive and loving statements to your partner. “I am grateful that you are my partner, and I appreciate how you manage the home and care for the children.”
Pay attention to their needs. Ask yourself what your partner enjoys? Determine what makes them happy and do it, even if you don’t want to. Showing that you care and showing interest will create an excellent atmosphere for intimacy. In return, your partner will be motivated to initiate your favorite thing on the next date night. Paying attention and providing fun solutions will satisfy most voids in the love language areas.
Bite the Bullet! If your partner likes yard work and cleaning the pool and you don’t – make it fun – create an intimate yard party and provide snacks, music, and soft drinks. This act of service and loving compromise shows appreciation for their efforts. You have now created a new and pleasing event, which will connect this household chore with fun.
10 FUN Couple Play Together Activities
1. Date Nights. Fun time – anytime, anywhere. Date nights can begin and end at home.
2. House Party for 2.Create a theme and decorate the house. For example, Dress up in 70’s garb and stream Saturday Night Fever. Remember, the disco ball and bell bottoms will make it groovy!!
3. Roleplay. You just met your partner in the grocery store for the first time; try to ‘pick them up’ can you get that telephone number?
4. Living Room Movie & Picnic.Order take-out, lay a blanket on the floor, and snuggle while eating goodies and watching a movie.
5. Drive to Nowhere. Drive to the park or a lake at dusk and stargaze. Remember to bring your beverages of choice, yummy snacks, and a special inexpensive gift. Everyone loves surprises!! A personalized key chain or a customized bracelet speaks volumes.
6. Pro Sports Date Night. Go to the neighborhood pub and watch your favorite sports team.
7. 3-day Getaway. Plan an all-inclusive trip to an island or beach destination- pack a few unexpected gifts for both of you to open.
8. Take dance lessons. Make it fun! Does your partner have two left feet?
9. Massage Date. Book a spa date including massage with manicure and pedicure
10. Exercise and Cook Meals together. Getting in shape together takes the anxiety out of exercising. Set goals, make meals, get wet and sweat together. Add in a few hugs and loving touches along the way.
I asked my husband to name his favorite play together stay together activity, and he said, “Cooking together.” He LOVES FOOD!!!
“The act of prepping exotic foods and feeding each other is very romantic”. T. Kerina
Playing together should not end with teen years. Couples should be creative and enjoy life, love, and an occasional game of ADULT Twister!
Find Celeste Here:
My mission is to Lead a Legacy of Legends on a path that leads to generational wealth and supreme health.
I am a healer sanctioned by a higher power to guide extraordinary women to a place of better health, work, and life balance. I achieve this by connecting powerful Warrior Women to forums that lead to solution-based conversations.
My desire to uplift and change many lives has manifested, One step, One day, One Woman at a time. Done through coaching, teaching, motivating, and offering resources and services to help women feel better, age better, eat better, look better, sleep better, reside better, work better, and manage relationships better. We are empowered.